ChildrenLeading Children To Love God, Follow Jesus, And Serve Others
Our Children’s Ministries equip young people to know and share God’s love through faith formation, fellowship, and fun.
We accomplish these goals by:
- Assisting in the spiritual formation of children and youth
- Receiving and honoring the gifts they bring
- Facilitating their worship of God and membership in our faith community
- Equipping them for ministry through instruction in our shared faith
- Encouraging their participation in the church liturgy
Activities for Children include:
- Sunday Nursery
- Sunday School
- Community Service Activities
- Field Trips
YouthNurturing Youth to Become Servant Leaders
Activities for youth include:
- Special Events
- Community Service Opportunities
- Participation in Worship & Ministries
- Mission Trips
At St. Thomas' there are numerous ways to serve the parish and the community at large.
As a servant church, we embrace opportunities to share time, talent and treasure with others.
Christian Education is life-long.
St. Thomas’ offers learning opportunities for adults led by clergy and lay ministers throughout the year. Adult Education seeks to expand our knowledge of our Christian heritage, help us embrace our role as Christ’s representatives in the world, and grow spiritually in our commitment to the Living Word of God. We are currently offering online learning and small group discussions using the Church Next curriculum. Please contact us if you are interested in joining a group.
OutreachWe Follow Christ By Serving Others
The mission of St. Thomas’ Outreach is to advance the work of Christ by sharing the many resources of our worship community. Guided by this mission, The Outreach Committee partners with a number of organizations to help address the needs of those facing financial and emotional hardship.
- Food Ministry: Join us to prepare lunches for Paul’s Place, a vibrant and impactful community center in South Baltimore.
- Green Team: St. Thomas' promised to care for our share of God's creation, including people, property and our neighbors, according to the beliefs of our faith.
- Community Crisis Support: Volunteering with the Community Crisis Center in Reisterstown, Md., parishioners can be involved in this ministry in multiple ways.
- Education Ministry:
- Odyssey School: Odyssey School has partnered with St. Thomas’ Church to provide scholarships for between 2 and 4 Owings Mills Elementary School students.
- Paul's Place Camp: The St. Thomas’ community provides a fun educational week long camp in partnership with Paul's Place.
- Owings Mills Elementary: For years, St. Thomas' Church has enthusiastically supported reading education at Owings Mills Elementary School.
- Holiday Ministry Annual Thanksgiving and Christmas Outreach: Our church community gathers with an outpouring of generosity to make these holidays more plentiful for families.
- Immigration Support: St. Thomas’ has applied to sponsor Afghan Refuges. We have partnered with the Episcopal Refugee and Immigrant Center Alliance and Gilead House at St. Mark’s.
- Crafts Ministry: The Sew/Knitting outreach ministry provides physical and spiritual comfort through gifts of handmade personal items.
- Contact Betsy Wilmerding, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.